Balance: Radial, Symmetrical & Asymmetrical
Create Three related pieces that show each type of Balance
- Radial - Draw 1/4, then use tracing paper to transfer the design
- Use Photoshop to Digitally Manipulate the image (flip/rotate/copy/paste)
- Start with a few L A R G E shapes that break up the background. Add smaller and smaller shapes as you go, being careful to keep the overall image both balanced and interesting. Shape size is one of the few ways you have to create variety in an image where the shapes and colors are so limited.
- Create a flow or rhythm in the composition through repetition of design. The shapes should look like they are placed in relationship with each other and not just randomly distributed.
- Test the balance by turning the composition around, looking at it from several different directions
Christopher Marley https://www.pheromonedesign.com/product-cat/insects/prisms-insects/